Monday, August 6, 2012

New Additions

I find it only fitting that since I've take about a week off from writing here that I fill you in with some new additions to my "Murtaugh List".

I'm too old...

-to become offended when someone declares that the Backstreet Boys are better than 'N SYNC.  I heard someone say this the other day and my instinct was to given them a laundry list of reasons as to why 'N SYNC is and always will be better.  The 14 year old me was very loyal.

-to understand half of what is going on in Hot Topic.  After casually walking in a while ago so C could look for spacers for his ears, I wandered off to the graphic tee wall.   I'm not even ashamed to admit that I couldn't name half the "bands/artists/musicians" (I hesitate to use ANY of these words to describe these people) on the wall.  On top of that I couldn't read half the shirts either.  There is something wrong about a Lil' Wayne basketball jersey, next to a Justin Bieber "slim fit" shirt, residing far to close for my comfort to a Johnny Cash Tee. 

-to be an Olympian.  Michael Phelps is 4 months younger than me and just became the all time most decorated Olympian.   After watching a few hours of swimming, gymnastics, and other various sports its safe to say that I'll never receive an Olympic medal...or apparently get off the couch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment